Science: Institutions: Associations
|This category in other languages:|
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences - The American Academy of Arts and Sciences is an honorary society that recognizes achievement in the natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities and conducts a varied program of projects and studies responsive to the needs and problems of society
- American Association for the Advancement of Science - Research news, issue papers. Educational programs, science policy (U.S. and international).
- Association for Scientific Research - An international institution devoted to the development of science, based in Turkey.
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals - International membership association offers certification, education/training, networking opportunities, industry news, and other related information.
- Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers - Promoting science and technology education and values in science and technology. Profiles of notable figures.
- Australian Academy of Science - Promotes science through a range of activities. Information on fellowship election, science policy, grants and awards, publications and reports.
- British Association for the Advancement of Science - Information about all the BA's activities, including National Science Week and the annual Festival of Science, plus educational resources and information about science in society issues.
- Commission on Professionals in Science and Technology - CPST collects, analyzes and disseminates information about professionals in science and engineering in the USA. It provides publications, online documents and special reports to members.
- The Explorers Club - Advancing field research and scientific exploration through expedition and student grants, public lectures, The Explorers Journal, research facilities and adventure travel programs.
- International Council for Science - A non-governmental organization representing a global membership that includes both national scientific bodies and international scientific unions.
- International Society for Molecular Electronics and Biocomputing - Fosters the interdisciplinary study of molecular electronics, ionics and photonics and information processing in natural and artificial molecular and biomolecular systems. Newsletters and conferences.
- International Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of Symmetry - Covers any study of various aspects of symmetry and related concepts (e.g., proportion, rhythm, invariance) in science, art, and technology (`symmetrology').
- International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine - Contributes to the advancement of physical and engineering sciences in medicine for the benefit and well being of humanity.
- NAMMSAT - National Association of Maori Mathematicians, Scientists and Technologists. Newsletters and constitution (PDF).
- The New Jersey Academy of Science - A private, non-profit, scientific and educational organization of scientists and others interested in science. Information of membership, meetings, education and grant programmes.
- New York Academy of Sciences - Open to students and to all active professional scientists, physicians, and others who share the Academy's interests. News, meeting facilities, gallery, education, membership information.
- The Nobel Foundation - Awards the annual prestigious Nobel Prizes in physics, chemistry, peace, medicine, economics, and literature. Site includes history, listing of laureates, and articles by invited authors.
- Physical Sciences of the Oceans (IAPSO) - IAPSO has the prime goal of "promoting the study of scientific problems relating to the oceans and the interactions taking places at the sea floor, coastal, and atmospheric boundaries insofar as such research is conducted by the use of mathematics, physics, and chemistry."
- Ross-on-Wye Science Society - To further the interest in science within the community by providing a forum for talks, lectures, discussions and courses on science topics. Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, UK.
- Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences - Advises the Netherland government on matters related to scientific research; judges the quality of this research; promotes the communication among scientists world-wide; and acts as an umbrella organization for institutes engaged in basic and strategic research, scientific information services and biological collection management.
- The Royal Society - The UK national academy of science, dedicated to recognizing excellence in science, furthering the role of science, engineering and technology and promoting public understanding of science.
- Royal Society of Edinburgh - Information about evidence, advice and comment, events, seminars, debates, lectures, enquiries, research awards, publications and conference facilities. Special page for young people.
- Royal Society of New Zealand - Science and technology in New Zealand: news, publications, funding, education, policy.
- The Sensometric Society - Aims to increase awareness of the methodology of sensory and consumer science, improve cooperation between people interested in sensometrics, and disseminate knowledge of sensometrics. Includes information on joining the society and forthcoming meetings.
- Sigma Xi - The Scientific Research Society is a non-profit membership society of more than 80,000 scientists and engineers
- Social Science Research Council - An independent, not-for-profit international organization that seeks to advance social science throughout the world. Information on initiatives, publications and areas of study, fellowships, related institutions and associations, and upcoming events.
- Swiss Academy of Sciences - The national forum for the natural sciences. Description of the academy, its activities, contacts, events, reports, news.
- Turkish-American Scientists and Scholars Association - An independent, non-profit and non-political organization with the aim of increasingcommunication and co-operation among its members and their counterparts.
- TWAS, Third World Academy of Sciences - An association of distinguished scholars supporting scientific excellence and research in the South through prizes, research grants and fellowships to third world scientists.
- Union of Concerned Scientists - Works for clean air and energy, safe and sufficient food.
- Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists (JCMF) - Contacts, documents, chapters, sections, meetings, resources. English/Czech site.
- University of Waterloo Scholarly Societies Project - Directory and searchable database of over 1300 scholarly societies with web sites.
- West Virginia Academy of Science - A corporation chartered for the advancement of scientific knowledge and the promotion of scientific work in West Virginia. Information on history, membership, publications and meetings.
- World Academy of Young Scientists (WAYS) - A global network of young scientists under the aegis of UNESCO, for young researchers to carry out scientific research and take part in science policy and decision-making.
- World Association of Industrial and Technological Research Organizations - A NGO that promotes cooperation between member research institutions to provide an international voice for technological research and development through technology transfer and dissemination.
- The World Jewish Academy of Sciences - The mission of the Academy is to create a unified voice of prominent scholars, scientists and innovators that focuses on major problems of humanity and suggests strategies to combat these problems for the betterment and progress of civilization.
- World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS) - A scientific, non-profit organization that promotes the development and the unified consideration of new mathematical methods and computational techniques and their applications in science and engineering. Conferences, journals, newsletters, FAQs, members, books and board of directors.
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web