Science: Environment: Water_Resources
|This category in other languages:|
- Aral Sea Story - Information on the drying up of the Aral Sea which was once the fourth biggest inland sea in the world.
- Asian Water Scientist Network - Includes a directory of water scientists in Asia and worldwide listings of upcoming conferences of possible interest.
- Australian Water Web - A web site built by the students and teachers of Casino High School, NSW, Australia. Plan to present information about our local waterways, projects and world wide discussion forums. Topics: wetlands, platypus.
- California Bay-Delta Authority - About programs to develop and implement a long-term comprehensive program to restore ecological health and improve water management in the San Francisco Bay-Delta ecosystem.
- Canada's Aquatic Environments - This large, comprehensive website details the aquatic habitats, animals and plants of Canada
- Canada's National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) - information about releases of pollutants into air, water and land, from Environment Canada
- Christina River Basin / Watershed of Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania - Information hub and method of public outreach for enhancing informed public participation in watershed management in the Christina River Basin of Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
- Delaware's Pollution Control Strategy - Working through Tributary Action Teams it is designed to educate about water pollution prevention in Delaware's watersheds. Includes resources to learn how to be effective in preventing water pollution.
- EDF Chemical Scorecard - Toxic Release Inventory data for the US. Sources and amounts of toxic chemicals released to air and water. Also has information on health effects and other topics.
- Environment Canada's Freshwater Web site: Frames version - Organized by issue, the site is designed to educate us about the importance and extent of fresh water in Canada. Topics include: the nature of water, water management, policy and legislation, and water and culture. Also links to other water-related Web sites.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Water - US federal agency responsible for protecting and improving water quality. Site includes details of national water programs, online library, local information, laws, and kids page.
- GIWA - Global International Waters Assessment - Led by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the aim of GIWA is to produce a comprehensive and integrated global assessment of international waters. Information is available in English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Global Water Partnership - They support integrated water resources management programmes by collaboration, at their request, with governments and existing networks and by forging new collaborative arrangements.
- Hillslope and Watershed Hydrology Lab, Oregon State University - Conducts research on the hydrologic cycle, particularly runoff generation processes in diverse watersheds. Includes publications and presentations, information about opportunities for students, and related links.
- Hydrologic Engineering Center (HEC), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Research, training, and software for hydrologic engineering and water resources planning and management.
- Hydrology-Related Internet Resources - Compiled and maintained at Pacific Northwest National Laboratories.
- Institute of Hydraulic Engineering, University Stuttgart - Lists areas of research, degrees offered, and publications.
- International Network on Water, Environment, and Health - Part of United Nations University. Fosters the application of appropriate technologies to meet water needs and assist environmental industries in developing countries.
- Isotopes in Water and Environmental Management - Uses of isotopes (both stable and radioactive) and isotope data in hydrology. Source is IAEA.
- Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program - Public education resource about watersheds, water quality, and preventing water pollution.
- MedBioWorld's Hydrology Journals - Bioscience journal directory site presents hydrology, marine science, freshwater science and aquaculture journals.
- Netherlands Water Partnership - Water Information Network - Comprehensive database of the Netherlands water community. Includes information on organisations with their geographic/technical areas of expertise, water projects, and international water events. Describes water issues and projects in all parts of the world.
- Resources for the Future Library: Water - Research reports (PDF format) and project summaries related to economic and policy aspects of water allocation/management and water quality improvement. Sample topics include marketing water, water as a source of international conflict, economic value of fresh water, and cross-media pollution.
- Snow Hydrology Research Group, UC Santa Barbara - Information about research on watershed hydrology and modeling, remote sensing, and data management. Freely downloadable software for snow hydrology and hydrochemistry.
- Southeast Watershed Research Laboratory - Branch of the USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) collecting water resource related data to monitor the environment as it is affected by land use.
- Spatial Hydrology - Internet directory for hydrologic modeling, GIS, GPS and remote sensing.
- UCOWR: Universities Council on Water Resources - Purpose is to provide a comprehensive information resource for water professionals.
- UNESCO Water Portal - Database access and worldwide news and information on fresh water topics, including scientific policies, programmes, forums, events, photos and links.
- University of Florida Water Resources Research Center - Funding research projects in Florida, offering descriptions of these grants, information on other water resource news and links to government and university sites.
- University of Minnesota Extension Service -- Water Quality - Information for citizens interested in water quality, for water educators, and for Extension personnel. Extensive collection of links and other resources.
- University of New South Wales Water Research Laboratory - Information about research and consulting in hydrology, hydraulics, groundwater, coastal engineering, and related areas.
- U.S. Water News On-Line - Coverage includes water supply, water quality, policy and legislation, litigation and water rights, conservation, climate, and international water news.
- USEPA - Biological Indicators of Watershed Health - Water quality and how aquatic life (fish, invertebrates, algae) is used to measure the overall health of the nation's waters. Lots of links to state and federal programs as well as other sites.
- USGS -- Water Resources of the United States - Home page for water resources information from the U.S. Geological Survey. Topics include ground water, surface water, water use, water quality, acid rain, toxic substances hydrology.
- UW Extension water & natural resources - Information about water quality programs and related environmental concerns in Wisconsin.
- Water - European Environmental Agency - Collection of reports, links, and data sets on European water resources topics.
- Water Bank - Site dedicated to creating a marketplace for buyers and sellers of water rights, water utilities and water sources such as springs.
- Water Librarians' Home Page - Resources for librarians in water agencies and similar institutions.
- Water Online - For water and wastewater professionals. Industry news, regulatory updates, latest technology announcements and employment opportunities
- Water Resources Engineering Management - MSc in Water Environmental Engineering and Management. Taught by Glasgow University and Heriot-Watt University.
- Water Web Consortium - Internet directory, webring, online forums, and international workshops intended to promote the sharing of information concerning water and the earth's environment.
- WaterHistory.org - Articles explore prehistoric and historic water projects worldwide.
- WaterModeling.org - Mailing list, technical glossary, and other information for professionals. Focused on computer modeling for hydrology and hydraulic engineering.
- Waternunc.com - Portal site for water businesses and the topic of water management, particularly in France.
- Watershed Atlas of the Allegheny River - Describes what a watershed is, how a water cycle works, and shows how the last glacier shaped the western Pennsylvania/southwest New York region. Focus is on how water workes within natural systems, and how human activities can impact water quality.
- World Water Conservation - Reports on the status of water supply and water-saving measures at various locations around the world.
- World Water Day - Focuses on international water issues such as working to alleviate poverty and hunger, sustainable development, environmental integrity, and human health.
- World Water Resources and Their Use - Information on quantities and forms of water worldwide, including discharge of rivers, as well as water use and demand. From UNESCO and Russian State Hydrologic Institute.
- The World's Water - Supplement to a book by Peter H. Gleick. Comprehensive data on worldwide freshwater resources and associated political, economic, scientific, and technological issues.
- Wyoming Water Resources Data System - The Water Resources Data System is a clearinghouse of hydrological and climatological data for the State of Wyoming
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web