Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Ichthyology
|This category in other languages:|
- Australian Museum Fish Department - General introduction to ichthyology and information about the museum's research in the classification.
- Basic Fish Anatomy - Outline of the external features including body shape, head, fins, gills, lateral line, coloring and swim bladder.
- The Biology of the Fish - A brief account of fish biology which also considers stress and the welfare of farmed fish.
- California Academy of Sciences Ichthyology - Fish systematics research site includes catalog, checklists, and images of fishes.
- Calypso Publications - Publishers of ichthyological taxonomic texts. Descriptions of publications, book reviews and sample images.
- Catalog of Fishes - Database that includes more than 53,000 species of fish as well as bibliographic references.
- Cold Water Chemistry - Brief description of the many physiological adaptations that Arctic fish have made to help them cope with life at low temperatures.
- Feeding Habits of Fish - Mat Couchman aims to discover the main elements of the food chain in a reservoir, culminating at the pinnacle level with the crucian carp (Carassius carassius).
- Fish - A brief outline of the essential features of fish biology.
- Fish - Fish Information Website. Everything you need to know about the biology of the fish.
- Fish - Biomedia Zoology Museum - An introduction to the taxonomy of fish with explanations of the technical terms used.
- Fish, A Quick Course On Ichthyology - Introduction to the study of ichthyology and the characteristics of fish presented by Jason Buchheim.
- Fish Anatomy - An illustrated introduction to the external and internal anatomy of the fish.
- Fish Are Open Systems - An article discussing how fish have adapted to the problems posed by life in water and how osmoregulation is a vital function affecting all aspects of fish health.
- Fish Biology: Respiration in Marine Fish - Describes the mechanisms that fish can utilize to extract oxygen from the water, concentrating on the gills.
- Fish in Extremes - Article discussing how teleosts and hardy elasmobranches have adapted to survive in low oxygen environments.
- Fish Keeping Terms - Glossary of technical terms used in fish biology.
- Fish Muscle Research Group - List of scientific publications submitted to this organization which is based at the Gatty Marine Laboratory in Scotland.
- Fish neurobiology - The University of Oslo runs a strategic program that aims to educate the next generation of fish physiologists and neurobiologists.
- Fish Physiology and Biochemistry - Journal that publishes original research papers in all aspects of fish physiology and biochemistry.
- Fish Scope - Time-lapse recordings and confocal images dealing with the developmental biology of fish.
- Fishdisease.net - Web portal for fish health professionals, including directory of researchers, conference calendar, job postings, images of parasites and pathological conditions of fishes, and links to journals, associations, suppliers, and other resources.
- Florida Museum of Natural History Ichthyology Collection - Comprehensive searchable fish database that offers fish data, shark research and images.
- Ichthyological Association - German language platform for scientists and ichthyologically interested persons. Data about events and article abstracts.
- Ichthyology Web Resources - Resources of scientific and educational value in an organized directory. Includes specimen database links.
- The Identification of Oestrogenic Effects in Wild Fish - Technical report into the occurrence of intersex in roach and gudgeon and the role played by treated sewage effluent in the feminizing effects observed in UK roach populations.
- The Impact of Environmental Levels of Aquatic Contaminants on Atlantic Salmon - Research into the impact of agricultural pesticides on sensitive stages of the life history of Salmonids. [PDF]
- Induced Reproduction in Fish - Many species of fish will not readily reproduce under certain culture conditions. This article describes the natural breeding cycle and the induction of spawning.
- Losey Lab - Showcases information concerning the effects ultraviolet rays have on coral reef fish vision, coloration, behavior and ecology.
- Love Lab - Features fish research, biology and a list of species that reside off the Pacific coast in North America.
- Marine Biodiversity: Fish - An introduction to the biology of the three classes of fish being the jawless, cartilaginous and bony fishes.
- Museum of Southwestern Biology: Fishes - Project guides and reports of ongoing research currently conducted at the University of New Mexico.
- Native Fish Research Group - Researchers and projects dedicated to fish evolutionary genetics and conservation in British Columbia, Canada.
- Neodat Project - Database of fish biodiversity in the Neotropics. Systematic and geographic data on freshwater fish specimens.
- Neotropical Ichthyological Association - Formed by a group of ichthyologists and students with a broad range of interests in neotropical fish.
- Pain in Fish - A brief account of fish biology, behavior, neuroanatomy and a consideration of whether fish feel pain.
- Peces Criollos - Permanently up-to-date about systematics of the freshwater fishes from Argentina. Also includes PDF downloads and links.
- The Physiological and Metabolic Adaptations of Salmonids - Mat Couchman discusses the environmental influences and changes in lifestyle that create physiological and metabolic adaptations in fish and also deals with their basic nutritional requirements.
- Respiration: Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Abstracts from papers covering various aspects of respiration and the cardio-respiratory system in fish and other vertebrates. [PDF]
- A Study into the Locomotion of Fishes - Article explaining how fish swim and why they have developed very different body shapes.
- Teleost Fish Morphology and Anatomy - Instruction on examining the external and internal characteristics of a fish, as given to students on the marine biology course at Bangor University.
- Texas Natural History Collections: Ichthyology - Images, distribution maps and other data on North American freshwater fish.
- Trans-Sexual Fish - David Allsop at the University of Edinburgh has been studying fish that can change sex at some point during their life. [PDF]
The content of this directory is based on the Open Directory and may have been modified by DWodp
Powered by DWodp live version 1.1.4 Copyright © 2003 Dominion Web